Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Your First Blog Post!
Welcome to the fun and wonderful world of blogging (yes, even if it is for school!). Now that you have set up your own class blog, it is time to learn how to create and publish a post. So, for your first post, I'd like you to complete the following simple tasks:
1.) Click on "New Post" on the top of your blog page.
2.) Give your post the title "Welcome to My Blog!"
3.) Your first sentence in your blog post should say:
My name is ________ (write your first name only), and I am a student at Sinarmas World Academy.
4.) Highlight "Sinarmas World Academy" and create a hyperlink to the school's website. If you don't know how to create a hyperlink, then please look here. If you still need help, please ask for it!
5.) Now write a short paragraph (let's say at least 8 sentences, shall we?) that introduces yourself to your readers. Please remember the following:
- DO NOT give any personal information about yourself (last name, your home address, email address, etc. ) in your paragraph.
- This should be written as a paragraph, NOT as a list of 8 sentences.
Don't know what to write about? Here are some ideas (use some of them, all of them or none of them!):
- Your hobbies (what do you like to do when you are not in school?)
- Music that you like
- Your favorite school subjects (explain this one)
- Movies that you like
- Where you are from
- Your favorite television shows
- Your favorite video games
- The kinds of things that you might like to do with your blog (besides posting your school assignments)
Have fun with this!